2020 Board Officers Selected
During a Special Meeting of the Board, the 2020 Board met and elected officers for the postion of Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer. Below are the individuals filling those positions for the 2020 year:
Chair – LaShana Lewis
Vice Chair – Dan Pistor
Secretary – Jace Brotherton
Treasurer – James Page
DNA Happy Hour in Sen Thai-Asian Bistro
Join us on Thursday, February 27th at 5:30 PM for our next Downtown Neighborhood Association Happy Hour in Sen Thai-Asian Bistro at 1000 Washington Ave (on the corner of 10th & Washington).
Metered parking is available. Bring your neighbors and let’s both support and enjoy our downtown businesses.
February Committee Meetings
Join us for upcoming meetings throughout February. See the calendar for contacts and details:
- Safety Committee Meeting – 2/26, 6:00 PM – Lucas Park Grille
- Building Captains Committee Meeting – 2/26, 7:15 PM – Lucas Park Grille
- DNA Town Hall – 3/9, 6:00PM – St. Louis Central Library (Auditorium)
Reminder: DNA Bylaw Amendments Vote
As mentioned during the January 2020 Town Hall, the DNA Board of Directors worked on modifications to the existing bylaws to more accurately reflect the needs, wants, and priorities of the residents as well as the businesses within Downtown St. Louis. A working copy of those modifications were made available at that time.
Below is a quick synopsis of those modifications, which are being submitted for membership approval and vote at the March 9, 2020 Town Hall.
Summary of Amendment to Bylaws:
- Distinguishes between “General” (voting) members and “Associate” (non-voting) members.
- Specifies the federal regulations by which a small business / entity member will be defined.
- Removes prohibition on multiple entity members having the same registered agent address and replaces it with a prohibition on multiple entities under common control being granted membership.
- Permits the board to develop new classes of membership (e.g., group membership based on familial status) at its discretion.
- Clarifies that nothing in the bylaws will prohibit the board from electing to send a remote written ballot to members in lieu of a vote taken at a meeting of the members, as permitted by Missouri statute.
- Reduces the minimum membership tenure before running for the board from two years to one year and allows the board to temporarily suspend this requirement in the event that an insufficient number of qualifying candidates run for election to the board.
- Specifies the duties of the Executive Director.
- Updates DNA’s policy on nondiscrimination.
- Adds standard provisions for officer and director resignation, indemnification, and insurance.
Note: This summary does not change the terms of the bylaws amendment and is only being provided as a convenience. Neither this written summary nor any other explanation of the bylaws amendment that may be presented to the members is a substitute for complete review and understanding of the proposed amendment.
Full views of the bylaw amendments being proposed for the March 2020 Town Hall Meeting are available at the following links:
The most current approved bylaws may be found on the DNA website at: https://saintlouisdna.org/bylaws/